What is a Cosmetic Concealer and what is it used for
If you’re new to cosmetics, concealer is a product that is used on the face to help conceal redness or any dark under eye circles. Many concealer can work pretty well, but try to select the best concealer, and begin by thinking about your skin type. Also, the type of skin you have, and whether it is an oily, normal, or dry type, will help you choose a great concealer that will last you all day and not rub off.
The concealer can come in various ways, such as a liquid, pencil, cream, or powder, and looks similar to eye makeup.
- For those females who have very oily skin, the best type of concealer may be in a liquid or cream form, due to it tending to go on slightly heavier and lasting longer.
- Females with either dry or normal skin can use any kind of concealer, depending on which area of the face they would like to use it.
Not Supposed to Cover the Whole Face
Concealer can be applied to anywhere on the face where it may be required, but it is not intended to cover the entire face as that is the job of foundation. Experts normally recommend using urban decay naked skin concealer, around the eye area, and if you select to do so, you may want to change to a powdered concealer for your cheeks or forehead to cover bigger areas.
- If you only have small areas to work on, such as small areas of redness or blemishes, a liquid or cream concealer will normally work out just fine.
When selecting a great concealer, try to choose one that is about one to two shades lighter than your skin tone so that it blends perfectly. Experts have recommended going for a concealer with a yellow base, instead of pink or white, no matter what your skin tone. Yellow-based concealers are known to blend into one’s skin a lot better, and minimise the presence of redness.
Be Careful With Ingredients
- A number of concealers also happen to contain acne-fighting ingredients
- Try to make sure that you use these types only on blemishes, and not around the eye area, where they may cause irritation.
- Even the best concealer will not look good if it is applied improperly.
- Get a tiny amount of concealer on your fingertip, or makeup sponge, (should you be using liquid or cream concealer), and gently dab it where it is needed.
- Refrain from rubbing, and make sure to mix the edges well, so you do not make any noticeable lines on your face.
- The concealer should normally be applied below the foundation.
- After correctly applying concealer, there’s no need to use so much foundation.
If possible, try to select your foundation at the very same time as your concealer, so you will be rest assured that both of the colours match and blend perfectly well together.